Overtime Pay + Company Van with Fuel Card + Pension + Progression
**Great opportunity for an intermediate to experienced Auto Electrician / Field Service Engineer looking for a permanent position with immediate start, excellent benefits package and opportunities for progression!**
You will be field based auto electrician and responsible for carrying out installation, service and maintenance of our vehicle CCTV and vehicle safety systems into various types of commercial vehicles for some of the largest UK fleets. Hands on experience with HGVs, light commercials and other specialist vehicles are a must. Travel will be required for some project based work, with company vehicle and fuel card provided.
The role is highly rewarding, and requires someone who is focused and driven. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a great opportunity to develop skills within a dynamic, ambitious and rapidly growing business, and grow to more senior levels very quickly.
Salary is negotiable for the right candidate with huge potential for overtime earnings. Full training provided, work with the best and on the very latest vehicle technology.
Personal Qualities / Skills
- Automotive electrical experience of both 12VDC and 24VDC systems is a must.
- Experience with working with a wide range of commercial vehicles advantage (waste, construction, commercial haulage, bus & coach, emergency response etc.)
- Good customer services skills are essential with daily client interaction.
- Good logical and fault-finding techniques.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and to timelines.
- Experienced in the use of electrical automotive testing/installation equipment.
- Good practical skills for using a range of tools and electronic instruments.
- Relevant auto electrician qualification advantage (NVQ, City and Guilds etc.)
- The ability to read electrical wiring diagrams.
- IT/PC Literate.
- Conscientious professional who is organised and dedicated.
- Must have a full driving license (clean preferred).
- An awareness of health and safety.
- To be good with your hands, and physically fit to cope with lifting, bending and working on commercial vehicles.
- Traveling to various client sites / liaising with clients on site.
- Installation of vehicle camera / vehicle CCTV equipment.
- Installation of blindspot detection systems (warning alarms, blindspot / parking sensors).
- Installations of vehicle lights and beacons and other aftermarket vehicle safety equipment.
- Attending service calls to fault diagnosis and repair where necessary.
- To take responsibility for personal health and safety.