Our client is a new and exciting education technology company looking for a creative, excited individual with infectious enthusiasm and marketing flair to join them at their HQ just outside Dartford.
Our client’s business was founded in January 2017 by two ex-financial services executives to help them solve the problem both of their families face of their children trying to run off in woods, zoos, theme parks etc. The first product was launched in June 2017 and is being used by a growing group of primary schools. Further products launches are planned in 2018 to adapt the technology to other uses whilst still focussing on people tracking and the team needs a marketing executive to help get the word out.
Role and Responsibilities
The key purpose of the role is to define, develop, own and execute the marketing strategy for the company, setting KPIs and goals.
You will work closely with all parts of the company: having input to product design; helping sales strategy; advising on the visual design of the app; working with the education strategy director on industry outreach and working with the CEO on a crowdfunding campaign for a future product launch.
You will be the right hand to the Sales MD helping ensure that marketing efforts and sales outreach are coordinated, reporting on what’s working and what isn’t.
Specific tasks include:
- Set up and manage the social content calendar and ensuring all content is delivered and published on time, and on budget
- Defining and delivering the social media programme of work, managing the day-to-day publishing across social channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram etc
- Managing online advertising, tracking and optimising PPC and client acquisition costs
- Undertake daily social listening activity to inform business and content owners
- Field inbound enquiries via phone, email and online messaging from prospects, passing leads to the sales team
- Drive social innovation in the organisation, identifying new social platforms, creating a business case for its implementation and a plan for toll out. Test and learn from new initiatives.
- Re-design the company website, own and maintain the website with updates for new products and news
- Manage client communications through newsletters etc
- Manage direct email and direct postal marketing, designing the marketing material for maximum impact
- Organise the company’s attendance at exhibitions and events, design the stand and promotional merchandise for maximum impact
Skills / Experience Required
You will need experience (ideally 2+ years) in a B2B or B2C marketing environment, with exposure to technology companies, the education sector and especially start-ups particularly advantageous.
An entrepreneurial mindset dripping with energy and an infectious enthusiasm for your work is a must. You must be flexible, positive and confident.
You need to be a team player that can work independently as required and adapt to a fast changing environment whilst juggling multiple priorities.
Your skills would include:
- Demonstrable and proven experience of managing social media activities within a commercial environment (earned and paid)
- Demonstrable understanding of the role social plays within a wider marketing mix
- Experience of managing social activities, social media, blogs and websites for both a B2B and B2C audience
- Expert knowledge of social channels, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn Instagram
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications – especially inDesign and photoshop to create digital and print work
- Proficient use of relevant social media tools, including Hootsuite (or equivalent), Mailchimp (or equivalent), Google analytics, Adwords
- Experience with website CMS – wordpress, Wix, Squarespace or equivalents
- Experience of campaign scheduling, design and delivery
- Excellent quality control and attention to detail