Business Development Manager
Salary: OTE of up to £60,000 including basic per annum depending on experience £25,000 - £30,000
If you have experience of selling face-to-face and on the phone to high profile customers and are motivated by hitting and exceeding targets that demand your skills and experience in cross-selling and up-selling, you could be perfectly placed in our client’s Commercial team. Selling to and consulting with companies such as IBM, Rolls-Royce, NHS, Get Into Teaching, J.P. Morgan and PwC, our client are looking for an engaging and resolute individual to compliment their current sales unit. If this sounds like you, read on…
What are we looking for?
Our client is looking for a talented and hard-working Business Development Manager, who will be selling their wide variety of products and services, aimed at 16 – 24 year olds, to a range of clients from SMEs to large corporates. You will be one of three Business Development Managers in a Commercial team of seven, alongside two Business Development Executives, two Client Partners and the Commercial Director.
What will your role include?
Our client’s style is based on a consultative approach to prospecting and generating new business from a range of product’s, through outbound activity as well as account managing clients; up and cross-selling their portfolio of products to grow these into mature accounts. You’ll be a vital part of the Commercial team, helping to achieve the annual target by generating sales which contribute to 10-15% of the company revenue. You’ll get to travel to meet and collaborate with clients throughout the UK.
What will you be responsible for?
- Prospecting and generating new business
- Managing and building relations with existing accounts and managing key accounts
- Growing each account through up-selling, top-ups and cross-selling
- Gaining customer commitment and ensuring successful onboarding
- Account management of key accounts
- Generating revenue from key accounts contributing to 5-10% of the company revenue
- Working with the Delivery team; facilitating communications including meetings, pitching, reviews and recommendations.
What experience and skills will you be able to offer us?
We need you to have:
- Understanding of advertising and media and working for a young, growing company
- Minimum 18 months experience selling face-to-face and on the phone
- Success in prospecting, engaging with and selling to new business prospects
- Success in managing existing accounts to continued growth
- Proven success in hitting and exceeding demanding targets
- Proven success in cross-selling and up-selling across a varied product range
- Strong understanding of the English language (both spoken and written) and able to communicate effectively
- Able to work alone, as part of a small team, or part of the wider team
- Sociable, confident, enthusiastic, motivated, passionate and have a good sense of fun
- Proven ability to manage time and territory effectively
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience within a Media, Events or Tech environment
- Experience and knowledge of the graduate recruitment/recruitment/HR market
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of experience